Magento Forum

Storing Credit Card Info Question

mcg1103

Total Posts:  1

If you want returning customers to be able to purchase using a credit card of file, using say Authorize.net, do you still need to ask them for the three digit code (cvv code for visa) to process the payment?

Does anyone store the three digit code?  From what I understand you can’t do this, correct?

Can you process payments without this code?

I am new to this stuff so go easy on me.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1155

You should never store the CVV code. It will violate PCI compliance. If you are going to process credit card payments on your own website (i.e. WITHOUT the client leaving your domain), the hosting must meet the PCI-DSS requirements and you need to fill out a self-assessment questionnaire.

If you are not comfortable with setting up a payment solution yourself, it may be better to sign up for a merchant account and a hosted solution, in which the actual transaction is processed on the payment gateway’s domain.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rBrody

Total Posts:  7

Unfortunately, even when storing your users’ cc details through a third party, they’ll still need to enter the CVV for PCI Compliance purposes.

There are, however, other ways to enhance the user experience, such as Zooz’s geo-location feature that intergrates Google Maps to speed up the shipping address input, or asks for zip code entry first to auto-fill the country and state.

The balance between a seamless user experience and security is delicate.  Zooz payments uses patent-pending security technology to enhance the security while maintaining a quick and sleek checkout experience.

Send us your email to be one of the first to try the new extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community