Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Affiliate websites

NeilNand

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

I’m looking to set up an affiliate website which will act like a normal ecommerce store except at the last stage of payment they’ll be sent to another site via an affiliate link. I’ll also be having a blog with lots of reviews of different products (as I have quite a few of them myself).

I was wondering would Magento be well suited to this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iKantam_

Total Posts:  89

In fact, Magento is a good choice - unlike many popular affiliate scripts Magento is not regarded by search engines as a spammy tool - so no negative footprints will be inherited. You will require a bit of Magento customization to send the traffic to the merchants stores though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilNand

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

Thank you for the reply, I was hoping for an answer like this because Magento seems like a really good CMS for this type of work and something I’d like to learn to develop with.

I’m happy enough making changes to the CMS as I’m developer by profession anyway, will start looking around for some documentation.

Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magestore
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

It is totally possible for you to create an Affiliate website with our Affiliate plus extension. You could easily manage and moderate your Affiliate program with this module. Also, this module supports various ways to refer friends: Banner, Link, Email, Social networks, Coupon, Widget, Tier commission and Pay Per Lead. You could learn more on our Affiliate+ store: http://www.magestore.com/affiliateplus/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ackley

Total Posts:  28

According to me affiliate programs is one type of internet marketing. if you have the different product and give the advisement on any page by using affiliate programming. In the Browser cookies to allow the system to tack the user information and each affiliate account assign a unique code. When customer purchases, the product you will get the commission

Magento Community
Magento Community

ctufc

Total Posts:  3

magestore - 27 August 2012 11:25 PM

It is totally possible for you to create an Affiliate website with our Affiliate plus extension. You could easily manage and moderate your Affiliate program with this module. Also, this module supports various ways to refer friends: Banner, Link, Email, Social networks, Coupon, Widget, Tier commission and Pay Per Lead. You could learn more on our Affiliate+ store: http://www.magestore.com/affiliateplus/

That does not answer what the original poster asked.

He wants to turn his eCommerce store into an affiliate site where people do not buy directly from him but instead the add to cart button would send the person to the vendors site via his affiliate link making him a commission.

I see there are amazon plugins that do this for magento but how about other networks or simply having the cart function removed and the add to cart button would simply be hyper linked using your affiliate link.

I too am looking for a way to customize a theme to do this.

Perhaps need to hire someone!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Martinly

Total Posts:  90

It is totally possible for your problem. But you could easily manage and moderate your own Affiliate program with this module. You might be interested in our Magento Affiliate, which has gained much recognition for full feature, easy-to-use and life time support. You can view details here: http://magentoaffiliateextension.com/. Let’s give it a try !

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community