Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Modern Theme - Question on order of attributes in Additional Information Tab

sktung

Total Posts:  15

So far have been successful in tweaking the Modern theme to meet my needs but had a quick question:

On the “Additional Information” tab, how do I change the order of the attributes that are displayed? My initial thoughts were that there was some sort of priority setting for the attributes within the admin but I could only find one for layered navigation which does not apply in this case.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

-Stephen

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mike

Total Posts:  43
Los Angeles, CA

Hello, Stephen:

I’m guessing, since it’s been so long, you’ve found a solution. But, just in case, the way to re-order the attributes within the “Additional Information” table is to:
- visit Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attribute Sets (within your Magento administration area).
- click on the Attribute Set in which you’re interested in re-ordering
- within the “Groups” column, you may “drag & drop” the various attributes into the order in which you wish them to display on the frontend of the website.

Unfortunately, this re-ordering affects BOTH the frontend display and the backend (administration) order in which you’d input your product information. It would be nice to have a separate override so that you can have a specific ordering of the attributes for your catalog display vs. the order in which you enter product details in the administration area.

Hope this helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

thugsb

Total Posts:  50
UK

I’ve done as you said and modified the Attribute Set (I modified the default). And it’s changed the order for the admin, but it’s still the same on the front of the site. I’m specifically interested in changing it on the Compare Products page, as I want the SKU to be at the bottom, not just below the description. Any help? Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

It’s been a while but I just wanted to confirm that this does work

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community