Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

An easy way to upgrade - An open letter or Mods and Community

MikePersopolis

Total Posts:  1

For a week now I have been struggling to upgrade my Magento CE from 1.5 to 1.7 and my programming skill level is at beginner only. I prefer to do things DIY and learn along the way. Every solution that I can think of and whatever research that I can find ends up in a fail or a dead end. I see the potential of this CMS meeting our needs for selling and organizing our products online. Also we would like to take advantage of new features and security that comes on with new versions. But there must be an efficient, if not easy, way of doing things.

I would like to see the day where one can upgrade Magento as easy as Joomla or Wordpress with little or no webmaster or programming experience (whether that solution is an Extension or a method). I would like to see the day that Magento or the community of developers address this issue. Someone that can cater to people who are willing to get their hands dirty but don’t know where to start or how to do it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Hey there, I’m sorry to hear you’ve been struggling. Is there something specific you’re needing help with?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community