Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do you create a new module in Magento 1.2.0.2

idova

Total Posts:  5

I am going to assume that it is a version issue because following various detailed tutorials to get a start on a module (in this example just getting a line in the admin somewhere) i get nothing which suggests to me that those tutorials must be for older version of magento. Can anyone please give me some instructions or even a bare bones zip for a modle with admin panel that works for 1.2.0.2 or at least some ideas as to where i may be going wrong.

I have followed the instructions on these pages to no avail;
http://activecodeline.com/writing-a-custom-module-in-magento-detailed-walktrough/
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how-to/create-payment-method-module
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/custom_module_with_custom_database_table

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

Did you tray with the module creator that you can download from http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/custom_module_with_custom_database_table ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

idova

Yes I did, in fact you will see that url is the last one on the list of urls which i tried to follow. I uploaded the outputed code using just the namespace and module name i was working from and no results, i am expecting to see somthing in the admin but i am seeing nothing new added in, thats why i am at a loss for what is happening and for my assuption that its a version issue because all of those urls i tried were made before the 1.2.0.2 release in fact they were before the 1.2.0.0 release so i am not sure what to do

Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Argentina

A little detail.
When you create a new module, you get a new file (an xml file) into the folder app/etc/modules/namespace_module.xml.
Did you upload that file?

When you create a new module, the fastest way to test if Magento is loading your code, is check at System -> Configuration -> Advanced.
Can you look your module there?

Magento Community
Magento Community

idova

No I cant see it there, that is where i am looking at the moment, and i see nothing, just the 4 menu lines that was there before i started this creation process, again unless i am missing something so obvious, the module created by the module creator as suggested by yourself, does not work

Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Argentina

Ok, I’m gonna check the module creator. A last question, you found the xml file into the /app/etc/modules folder?

Magento Community
Magento Community

idova

yes i did find the namespace_modulename.xml file in the folder etc/modules/ and uploaded it but with no luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

nico5

Total Posts:  214
France

Give us your XML file from etc/modules/

Magento Community
Magento Community

idova

here is the code from the etc/module xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config>
    <
modules>
        <
Morristreet_StoockSync>
            <
active>true</active>
            <
codePool>local</codePool>
        </
Morristreet_StoockSync>
    </
modules>
</
config>

is there something wrong with it?

File Attachments
Morristreet_StoockSync.xml  (File Size: 1KB - Downloads: 73)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community