Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How secure is magento? 

Admina21

Total Posts:  35

Hello

I want to develop an E- commerce website in magento. How much secure is magento or there any other better option is available?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

Admina21 - 12 August 2012 10:27 PM

Hello

I want to develop an E- commerce website in magento. How much secure is magento or there any other better option is available?

Magento is based on Zend framework. And Zend is a company which created PHP engne.

Magento is most secure & tested PHP shopping cart on the market.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davison

Total Posts:  56

Hi,

In my point of view the magento E-commerce site is more secure and shows a good performance and their benefits are,

1. High availability: Retain existing customer
2. Scalability:  Add the number of new customers
3. Central management: Better support to the customers
4. Enable opcode cache, for example APC or Zend Guard this will increase load speed of php.
5. Ensure you are running the latest version of Magento. New releases often include performance improvements and other patches which affects performance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeremytan

Total Posts:  10

Magento is good for secure but also heavy load to the server....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magento Lab

Total Posts:  77
Paris

Magento is indeed quite secure and server load can be optimised with a good caching management.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagneticOneTeam

Total Posts:  253
USA

You are secure if you use Magento. Magento has a number of built-in security features aimed at keeping you safe. They are currently working on a new improvements and new updates to make Magento as much comfortable and safe for store owners as they can.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adddeveloper

Total Posts:  4

I am curious about this also, glad i found this thread. From what I read so far, magento seems to be very secure out of the box, is there anything I can to take a step even further such as putting apache password (htpassword) to the admin login url etc?

I dont have much experience with magento but do have a fair experience with wordpress. One thing about wordpress is that (it is not that secure first of all) - a lot of plugins are not professionally coded and have a lot of loopholes that allow hackers to get into my sites easily.

So i geuss my question here is - how secure are magento connect addons/plugins?

Magento Community
Magento Community

elspood
Magento Team

Total Posts:  22
Magento

adddeveloper - 14 February 2013 07:38 AM

So i geuss my question here is - how secure are magento connect addons/plugins?

Right now the security of the Magento extension market depends almost entirely on the development practices of the extension writers themselves. However, we are working on ways to improve this situation so extensions are easier to use safely and it is easier for extension writers to submit secure code. We will announce these new programs as they are completed.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community