Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

All I get is a 403 Forbidden page. I have followed instillation instructions perfectly 3 times. 

cstegner

Total Posts:  3

I am on a MediaTemple DV3 server, I followed the MT knowledge base instructions to install php5.  Then the first time I unzipped the files on my hard drive then moved then uploaded them onto the server and I got a 403 forbidden page.  Actually any file contained within the magento directory was forbidden, even just a info.php file I made.

The second time I uploaded the tar.gz file and extracted it on the server etc.  Still the same thing.

MY best guess is it has something to do with the .htaccess file, but I don’t know what if anything.  Please help.

Chris

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cstegner

anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

cstegner

bump

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

This looks like something specific to your setup.. please check the file and folders permissions

Magento Community
Magento Community

dharmanerd

Total Posts:  6

This has something to do with the mod-rewrite. When i turn it off, i can access the page just fine.

Also, the DV3 doesnt have the correct version of php5. You’ll have to download the compiled version from the magento kb and follow the instructions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dharmanerd

Total Posts:  6

add

Options +FollowSymLinks

above

RewriteEngine On

Magento Community
Magento Community