Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How would you import the same product into multiple stores using csv

buddhahoon

Total Posts:  4

Hey guys/gals so im having some trouble here, ive looked around and saw some “ideas” on how to import products with multiple other fields but not the store field.

What i want to do, is import some products into multiple stores and others only to one store.
The import works fine when i have the store column set to only one store but i dont understand how to make magento read multiple store names. I get this error when i try with multiple stores Skip import row, store “store1_eng, store2_eng” field not exists

I have tried setting a product manually to multiple stores and then exporting it see how its setup, but it doesnt export the multiple store names, just says admin in the file. Which leads me to believe that you would have to set the multiple stores through control panel.

Anyways any assistance would be appreciated and if you need any more info let me know

Thanks
Buddha

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

buddhahoon

~~~Update~~~

Ok so after many hours of playing with it and trying to get it to work still haven’t figured it out. BUT i did find out that you can upload the csv multiple times with different store names(one store at a time) and instead of overwriting the row it will add to it. This still isnt a fix for what im looking for but it does work if yall are having trouble with it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

buddhahoon

ok...sooo its useful if your using the latest version. For anyone who is having this problem upgrade to 1.2.0.2 and there is a new column that allows you to do this called websites. Just separate the website name with a ,

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzentrale1
Guru

Total Posts:  731
Stuttgart, Germany

hi,

add some products to different stores and make an export of all products and take a look at the generated csv.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

buddhahoon

Ok guys i totally lied. I still have the same problem. Ok yes website fixed the problem of uploading a product and associating it to different stores. BUT guess what, doesnt help when your creating categories from the csv. This is now getting into the more complicated realm of explanations. If you understand what im doing here then awesome. But for my answer you dont really need to. Cause if i can solve the problem of the store column all else falls in place. If someone tells me the solution i will post a how to on uploading products into multiple stores and how to upload your cat tree from csv.

So to recap what i need to know. is that:
The store column seems to only accept one input ie admin, or default, or storename1 ect.
what i need is to know how to make magento read the store column with multiple entries ie. (Store1, Store2)
instead of having to create multiple entries.

so in other words,
one row to do two things
or in other other words
Get magento to read the row twice but only using the first value on the first run and then the second value on the second run.

Is this at all possible!!!

And no exporting the csv does nothing for me, it just outputs admin for multistores or if a single store is selected that store name.

btw im using 1.2

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community