Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Wrong Shipping Rates 1.7

ocbishop

Total Posts:  6

I have FedEx integrated on site but when I run a shipping quite in shopping cart the rates quoted are grossly incorrect.

I contacted FedEx web services, they were able to see the query hit their end, saw the rates it should have reflected on site however… Again, extremely incorrect.

I can’t help but think of all the sales deterred by these ship rates.

PLEASE HELP.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

So FedEx send correct shipping rates back to Magento?

I think this issue requires advanced support investigation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ocbishop

Total Posts:  6

Yes, FedEx rates are supposedly being sent back correct but something is translating the rates into an exorbitant value… e.g. $8.37 showing as $22.45…

Truly, any help on this would be great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rich1000

Total Posts:  91

I’m seeing a similar behavior. However, for me the discrepancies are in the other direction: i.e. actual charges from FedEx when our client packages physically and gets rate from their meter is $67. However, Magento is quoting/charging the customer $43.

The weights of products are accurate in Magento to total up. We’ve signed up for the FedEx Dev API for our client. Got their login id, meter number, key, etc. I’ve done as close to accurate on the settings that are available in Magento.

So the question is: what might be getting missed in submitting to FedEx… and thus returning a smaller amount?
Or to your point, is the correct rate coming back and Magento is translating it for some reason to something else?

What I feel like I’ve noticed is that it seems to be off by not charging Insurance, Fuel Surcharges, or a Handling Fee (which can be added in). But my rates are almost always off by Insurance and Fuel Surcharges of like 12% (going rate).

I feel like Magento FedEx (and even WebshopApps FedEx fix for new API for older versions) doesn’t have all the criteria on a rate call.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdaugherty

Total Posts:  18
Ohio

Are any of you still having this problem? I’m having the same issue on one of my stores, and I believe I know why the rate requests are coming back high.

Total Insured Value
I took a look at the Fedex rate requests between two of my stores, one running 1.4.0.1 and the other 1.7.0.2. The newer version store has “TotalInsuredValue” set with an actual value, causing the rates to come back higher. The old version of Magento (1.4.0.1) sends an empty value for “TotalInsuredValue”. See below:

Magento 1.4.0.1 Rate Request

[RequestedShipment] => Array
       (

[DropoffType] => REGULAR_PICKUP
           [ShipTimestamp] 
=> 2013-05-08T16:29:36+00:00
           [PackagingType] 
=> YOUR_PACKAGING
           [TotalInsuredValue] 
=> Array
               (

[Amount] => 

[Currency] => USD

)

Magento 1.7.0.2 Rate Request

[RequestedShipment] => Array
       (

[DropoffType] => REGULAR_PICKUP
           [ShipTimestamp] 
=> 2013-05-08T16:39:15+00:00
           [PackagingType] 
=> YOUR_PACKAGING
           [TotalInsuredValue] 
=> Array
               (

[Amount] => 925
                   [Currency] 
=> USD

)

Note: The same thing is happening with “CustomsValue” in the rate request, though it doesn’t seem to have an effect on shipping rates. It might if the shipment is International.

I am going to add an option in the fedex shipping method configuration to select whether or not insured value should be sent in rate requests.

If any of you are interested in using this module when I’m finished let me know and I’ll post the code in this thread or email it to you and work with you on getting it installed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rich1000

Definitely would be interested in checking that module. Like I said, not sure where the differences in rates are coming from using the out of box module vs. when you plug in essentially the rate check on FedEx site. So, willing to try anything at this point to get it at least a bit more accurate to the rates it should be.

Let us know when you might post the module or changes that will supersede the current version in 1.7x

Thanks for looking into it.
Rich

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdaugherty

Ohio

Rich,

I’ve gotten the Magento Fedex quotes to match the Fedex website quotes down to the penny in most cases, besides this newest issue of the Insured Value which I’m about to fix.

Something else that I had to add to the Fedex module was a List/Account rate switch option. The out-of-box Fedex module shows List Rates (not discounted) by default because of the way it was programmed. So if you get discounts through Fedex and want to pass those on to your customers at all, you might be interested in this option too. I’ll add it in so you can play around with it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rich1000

Again.. that’s awesome. Can’t wait to test out. And those additions were obvious wishlist items (insurance, list vs. account). All sounds like what it’s been missing. I’ll even donate to you if it works as good as it sounds.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdaugherty

Ohio

Okay I finished updating the module. I will PM you with some additional details, and the module can be found here:

Fedex Plus Shipping Extension

I’ve attached a screenshot of the options it will add to your fedex module configuration once installed.

If you have any questions about how to install the module, I’d be glad to help. It’s pretty straightforward though.

Thanks!

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-05-10 at 1.04.44 PM.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community