Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Paypal Payment Method configuration saves incorrectly on upgraded but fine on new database

bmorley

Total Posts:  4

Recently converted a server from 1.4.x -> 1.7.0.2 (UPGRADE) as well as setting up a clean 1.7.0.2 (NEW).  When attempting to set the Paypal All-In-One Standard merchant account, it would appear not to save properly on UPGRADE but worked fine on NEW.  The source code for these two servers are practically identical, so the major difference is the database.

When looking at the values saved to the core_config_data table I see new keys for each, but they are different:

NEW:
payment/general/business_account

UPGRADE:
payment/express/business_account
payment/express_checkout_required_express_checkout/business_account
payment/payflow_link_express_checkout/business_account
payment/paypal_payflow_api_settings/business_account
payment/wpp_and_express_checkout/business_account
payment/wps_required_settings/business_account

Clearly something is telling Magento to fan out the UPGRADE to each version of Paypal and just keep a general setting for a NEW database.  It appears that it goes looking for the general value on display, so the UI looks on an UPGRADE instance that it didn’t save at all (and in fact it doesn’t work).

Anyone have any idea on what would cause this behavior?  I would suggest this is likely a bug unless it is truly related to my upgraded environment.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bmorley

Total Posts:  4

Turns out there was a small coding difference between the NEW and UPGRADED servers.  When doing the upgrade I had ran into a problem with saving configurations (this was about a month ago when I started this adventure).  I believe that thread was http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/286198/#t400398 and it proposed a work-around to the issue involving modifying Data.php.  Now I may have made that change to 1.7.0.1 and my upgrade to 1.7.0.2 caused further differences or perhaps it was a completely different patch I applied (because my change set looks a bit bigger).

At any rate, this tweak caused the \"consolidation\" algorithm to fail—so saving paypal settings would exactly not roll-up to the \"general\" settings.  When I removed the tweak, re-compiled, and flushed my APC cache the values saved properly in the admin.  So now I am running without this work-around and my upgraded environment is performing the same as my new environment.

Case closed!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community