Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade 1.4 to 1.7

hemisha

Total Posts:  29

HI there,

I am new to magento. but i know the PHP very well.

Right now i am trying to upgrade magento but can not understand the process.

We have our own server. And in document says that i have to work on SSH and all...i need whole process and how to work on SSH also.

Can any one provide me that ???? i really need it...and if anyone have video for this process that would be fine.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JKarlsson

Total Posts:  10

Hello,

If you are in trouble with upgrading there is an alternative way. It is simpler but not free. Here is a relevant article. And here is step-by-step manual. Hope it will help you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hdweb

Total Posts:  5

http://getintomagento.wordpress.com/tag/upgrade-magento-to-a-newer-version-via-ssh/

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

Yes, those articles @JKarlsson referenced are excellent resources.  I also have a little upgrade service I just recently launched.  It’s still an alpha release, but should only take you a few minutes to stage an upgrade if you’d like to give it a shot.

It actually will connect to your server over SSH, copy down the files and DB to my site and perform the upgrade on my site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

teoteo1

Total Posts:  2

JKarlsson, thanks for a good advice! I had updated my store to the newest version with cart2cart.  They also have lots of tutorials here http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/cart2cart-videos Thus with this step by step instructions, everything is pretty clear!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community