Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[1.4 -> 1.7] Abstract/Data.php issue when checking out or creating account

Twade

Total Posts:  2

Hey all,

I am updating my Magento store and have ported across the majority of the simple design to the latest Magento version (1.7.0.2) but I am having some trouble when I try to checkout (i am using OnePage) or create an account.

In the checkout process the error occurs when the I fill out the Billing information and it calls the URL:

/index.php/checkout/onepage/saveBilling/

And I get the error:

Fatal error:  Call to a member function setAttribute() on a non-object in /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Attribute/Data.php on line 80

I have looked through a number of other posts in this forum and across others but they mostly appear fo be relating to German modules or other conflicting modules, though I have disabled all none core modules and this error still persists.

I am hoping someone can shed some light on this before I pull all of my hair out.

Cheers,
Tom.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Twade

In case anyone comes across this problem in the future, it was because there was a file missing from the Attribute/Data folder:

/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Attribute/Data/

The Text.php file to be specific.

Hope that helps someone in the future!

Magento Community
Magento Community

vishal1889

But from where i have to put Text.php ????

Magento Community
Magento Community

saurabh664

Total Posts:  3

Hello Everyone,

I have seen many articles to remove this below weird issue when saving the information of customer from admin panel.
<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to a member function setAttribute() on a non-object in <b>app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Attribute/Data.php</b> on line <b>81</b><br />

Then please follow the below steps to remove the error when saving the customer attribute from admin panel.

1. Please find customer_eav_attribute and note down all the attribute ids from this table.
2. Then find the eav_attribute table and check all the attribute id from this table.
3. Check the frontend_input column has not blank or null value of the attribute id which is got from the customer_eav_attribute table.
4.If any attribute has blank or null value for the column frontend_input then add any of the input type in their place.
5. Then check the issue.

This is working for me.

I hope this article really help you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Semandra

Total Posts:  3

saurabh664 - 25 September 2012 03:49 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have seen many articles to remove this below weird issue when saving the information of customer from admin panel.
<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to a member function setAttribute() on a non-object in <b>app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Attribute/Data.php</b> on line <b>81</b><br />

Then please follow the below steps to remove the error when saving the customer attribute from admin panel.

1. Please find customer_eav_attribute and note down all the attribute ids from this table.
2. Then find the eav_attribute table and check all the attribute id from this table.
3. Check the frontend_input column has not blank or null value of the attribute id which is got from the customer_eav_attribute table.
4.If any attribute has blank or null value for the column frontend_input then add any of the input type in their place.
5. Then check the issue.

This is working for me.

thanks it`s help for my

Magento Community
Magento Community

paragsh

Total Posts:  1

saurabh664 - 25 September 2012 04:49 AM

Hello Everyone,

<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to a member function setAttribute() on a non-object in <b>app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Attribute/Data.php</b> on line81;

5. Then check the issue.

This is working for me.

Posted: September 25 2012

working perfect fine now . thanks smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

dev_abileweb7

Total Posts:  13

Really great ! struggled for nearly 2 days to find out ! great work man saurabh664

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vishal Kapadia

Total Posts:  6

Thanks Man… It really helped me a lot and fixed my issue....

Magento Community
Magento Community

CicciManolesta

Total Posts:  6

saurabh664 - 25 September 2012 03:49 AM

Hello Everyone,

5. Then check the issue.

This is working for me.

Works!!!!! :-D

If you have access to DB can take mysql row with this query (mage_ in my prefix table):

SELECT FROM `mage_eav_attributewhere attribute_id  in (select attribute_id from mage_customer_eav_attribute) and ( `frontend_inputis null or `frontend_input` = '')

Magento 1.5.0!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community