Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Facebook connect session

lesterinc

Total Posts:  12

Hi,

I am using Belvg facebook connect for facebook login, Now i am developing other module where i want to use the facebook user session in that module how can i check whether user is logged in using facebook account. if user logged in with facebook account i would like to fetch his friends list. Kindly provide me some suggestions on this.

Thanks
Subodh

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Cameron_iWeb

Total Posts:  62

Hi

Firstly you will need to get the permissions to do that when the allow the app to login with Facebook

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/authentication/permissions/

By I dont think you will be able to get the friends list.

You should be able to use the Magento Session to check if logged in, and you as far as I believe the Belg plugin also stores the connect data in the database (prefixed with belg) with you would need to add inside the query.

I am looking for a snippet of code that we used to complete this which may help you get the solution.

Thanks

Cameron

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community