Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade to 1.7.0.1 Product price re-index issue

sahilsaid

Total Posts:  3

HI,

I am getting this error when I try to Reindex ‘product prices’.
There was a problem with reindexing process.

I tried lot of solutions but nothing is working. Because fo this I cannot add a new product.

When I try to add a new product, it gives me the following error:

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘sahilsaid_fa.catalog_product_entity_group_price’ doesn’t exist

Log file shows:

Stack trace:
#0 /home/www/find-accessories.com/app/Mage.php(462): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('eav/entity_attr...', 'SQLSTATE[42S02]...')
#1 /home/www/find-accessories.com/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php(661): Mage::getModel('eav/entity_attr...', 'SQLSTATE[42S02]...')
#2 /home/www/find-accessories.com/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php(1648): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->walkAttributes('backend/afterSa...', Array)
#3 /home/www/find-accessories.com/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Product.php(195): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->_afterSave(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product))
#4 /home/www/find-accessories.com/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php(1124): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Product->_afterSave(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product))
#5 /home/www/find-accessories.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(318): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->save(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product))
#6 /home/www/find-accessories.com/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(714): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save()
#7 /home/www/find-accessories.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(419): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->saveAction()
#8 /home/www/find-accessories.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('save')
#9 /home/www/find-accessories.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#10 /home/www/find-accessories.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#11 /home/www/find-accessories.com/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#12 /home/www/find-accessories.com/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#13 {main}
Can someone please help?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Hi,

Have you tried to run the reindexer from the command line (SSH)? If you have shell access you can run the following command from the <magento_folder>/shell/ directory:

php -f indexer.php reindexall

Additionally, if there is a problem it will give you a more detailed error message.

However, based on the message in your error log it looks like the SQL upgrade scripts failed during the upgrade. You may try to force the upgrade again, but most times it is necessary to manually fix the missing/broken database tables. If you have some experience with PHP and MySQL you should be able to edit the upgrade scripts.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community