Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Main menu moved but not in the right spot! (modern theme Mag 1.2.0.1)

squirrels

Total Posts:  93

I successfully moved my main menu from the top to the left column - the only problem is that it shows up either at the very bottom of the column or inside the header of the poll (if the poll is active)!
After the main menu I want to have a static menu (a static block that I have created) but that menu ends up before the main menu no matter what I do!

I have tried to get it to the top by playing around with the “before”, in the code below you see that my static block should appear below the main menu but it just won’t. And the main menu… Well - no matter what I write it will be at the very end of the column.

<block type="core/text_list" name="left" as="left">
     <
block type="catalog/navigation" name="catalog.topnav" before="static_menu" template="catalog/navigation/top.phtml" />
     <
block type="cms/block" name="static_menu" before="poll.active">
          <
action method="setBlockId"><block_id>static_menu</block_id></action>
     </
block>
</
block>

I have done a similar thing with the classic theme on another site (Mag 1.6) with no problems so I’m wondering if this is something with the template or the Mag version or… Me? wink

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

squirrels

Total Posts:  93

Is there a way to make the navigation appear first?
I’m thinking that instead of writing before="something" you could set it to something like before="all"...?

At the moment it just seems like it doesn’t matter what I set it to.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community