Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Exception caught error when using Magento Connect

osindustries

Total Posts:  15

I get the following error when I try to use magento connect., my store is www.nikiababyworld.com, the store works fine, I just can’t use the connect manager

Exception caught:

Warning: popen(/usr/bin/cpp /tmp/glibctestyPRddB,r) [function.popen]: Cannot allocate memory in /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/OS/Guess.php on line 247

Backtrace:

#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘popen(/usr/bin/...’, ‘/home/nikiababy...’, 247, Array)
#1 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/OS/Guess.php(247): popen(’/usr/bin/cpp /t...’, ‘r’)
#2 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/OS/Guess.php(159): OS_Guess->_detectGlibcVersion()
#3 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/OS/Guess.php(114): OS_Guess->parseSignature(NULL)
#4 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Dependency2.php(105): OS_Guess->OS_Guess()
#5 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Downloader.php(259): PEAR_Dependency2->PEAR_Dependency2(Object(PEAR_Config), Array, Array, 4)
#6 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Downloader.php(501): PEAR_Downloader->getDependency2Object(Object(PEAR_Config), Array, Array, 4)
#7 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Downloader.php(409): PEAR_Downloader->analyzeDependencies(Array)
#8 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Command/Install.php(629): PEAR_Downloader->download(Array)
#9 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Command/Common.php(285): PEAR_Command_Install->doInstall(’install’, Array, Array)
#10 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(234): PEAR_Command_Common->run(’install’, Array, Array)
#11 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(301): Maged_Pear->run(’install’, Array, Array)
#12 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/Maged/Model/Pear.php(216): Maged_Pear->runHtmlConsole(Array)
#13 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(119): Maged_Model_Pear->applyPackagesActions(Array)
#14 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(350): Maged_Controller->pearPackagesPostAction()
#15 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(170): Maged_Controller->dispatch()
#16 /home/nikiababyworld/public_html/downloader/index.php(35): Maged_Controller::run()
#17 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Sounds like a server problem. Magento is trying to raise the memory limit above the limit set by your hosting provider. More details about the problem should be listed in your error_log.

Magento Community
Magento Community

osindustries

this just started happening a few days ago, I used the magento connect manager for months already and it always worked fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

This may be due to Magento Connect trying to allocate more memory than normal for this install or update.
You may want to try contacting your hosting provider to see whether they are able to raise the server’s memory limit for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

osindustries

I contacted godaddy, I had to stop and restart apache, httpd and mysql, I disabled all other services that I didn’t need including the control panel since I use the command line anyway.

Its now fully working.

I have a godaddy virtual server

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Did you increase your memory_limit? Besides that, what is listed in your error log?

Magento Community
Magento Community

alienn95

Total Posts:  38
Latvia

Try this or send it to Your hosting provider (in approx. line 245 of file in ... downloader\pearlib\php\OSGuess.php):
fwrite($fp, “#include <features.h>\n__GLIBC__ __GLIBC_MINOR__\n");
fclose($fp);
# START OF EDIT
#$cpp = popen("/usr/bin/cpp $tmpfile”, “r");
#while ($line = fgets($cpp, 1024)) {
# if ($line{0} == ‘#’ || trim($line) == ‘’) {
# continue;
# }
# if (list($major, $minor) = explode(’ ‘, trim($line))) {
# break;
# }
#}