Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installing new extension connect manager error - need help

sahilsaid

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

I recently installed the magento 1.7.0.2. I am trying to install a new theme using the connect manager but when I insert the connect 2.0 key, it gives me following error. I also tried installing other extension which produces similar error messages.

community/magento_classic_theme_free: Failed to connect to 208.86.253.231: Permission denied

Can someone please help?

Kind regards
Sahil

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sahilsaid

Total Posts:  3

HI,

Cna anyone please help with my issue?, I have attached the screenshot of the error now. I have also changed the preferred state to Alpha but this doesn’t solve the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yottabiz

Total Posts:  1

Hi there, you have to allow the outgoing ip 208.86.253.231 in your control panel - that is your server or hosting control panel. If you don\’t have access, ask your server/hosting provider to do it on your behalf.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community