Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

ECommerce “workflow” - w/ POS, etc

bob_p

Total Posts:  1

I am looking for a platform that we can leverage what we have already in place, as well as integrate new possibilities into our company’s existing processes.

That said, we are looking for a solution that will work like this:

1) Online storefront is populated with export data from our suppliers via CSV
2) Customer places order online
3) Order is transmitted to QB POS, which automatically prints a pick ticket
4) picker grabs picket, fulfills order, scans into POS as he picks it, and sends it on its way
5) POS updates storefront with order details, shipping info, etc
6) I am also looking for a way to identify items in inventory that are below a threshold, and re-order them automatically with my supplier at a set time per day?

Sounds pretty easy I guess, but its the little things that kill you in the long run :)

Suggestions are appreciated.  I have more experience in another ecommerce platform, but have seen more and more mention of Magento, and don’t want to limit my own success by being too nearsighted to miss out on a better setup.

Any help is appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community