Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Doug Mockett online store

cclohman

Total Posts:  82
Los Angeles

We recently deployed Doug Mockett.com on Magento.  Highly customized frontend and backend.  We are very proud of how great the site looks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

978bobs

Total Posts:  44

Nice work.

The tiered pricing presentation is top-notch.  Very usable.  And it works nice for configured and custom options.

I like the navigation.  Nice touch with the color box at the product view header linking it back to the category.  That’s better than a breadcrumb!

Nice how you slimmed down the header too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Azim

Total Posts:  97
NY, USA

Amazing site design, like the way you have the products and the cms pages. wish i could achive that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cclohman

Los Angeles

@978bobs,

Thanks for noticing the tier pricing.  We spent a huge amount of time on that, trying to get it right!  Almost everything Mockett sells is geared for qty discounts - simple, configurable, and grouped products.  Given Magento’s shortcomings in these areas, we had our work cut out for us.

-Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

jr_zone

Total Posts:  2

Hi There,

I’ve just been looking through Magentos web site for some ideas for my own site. I saw through the forum your design for http://www.mockett.com.

Wow! I really do like the format you’ve used for that web site and I’d like to try and do something similar with my web site.

I have a cube cart site at the moment but it’s time for a change. I’m only a novice but I do like to do things myself and I enjoy learning at the same time. Can you tell me if this design was hard to do?

Kindest Regards

Julie

Magento Community
Magento Community

cclohman

Los Angeles

Hey Julie,

Thanks for the compliment.  We really appreciate it. 

Was this design hard to do?  Well, that’s an interesting question, and my answer is going to be a little vague… It depends.  We have very talented graphic designers at Tridian.  They would probably say “yes, it was fairly straightforward”, whereas a programmer like me would never come close to this even on my best day ever in Photoshop.  Without knowing much about you, it’s hard to say.  We work very closely with our clients and normally go through many revisions of a design concept until we get it just right.  That was definitely the case with Doug Mockett.

Cheers,
Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community