Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

WordPress content on homepage? 

operapixie

Total Posts:  38

I apologize for being such a noob with Magento. I’ve worked primarily with Joomla, VirtueMart and WordPress.  But I have a new client who really wants a Magento site, and we bought a theme he really liked as well. But he wants some functionality on the homepage that I’m not finding any info on how to accomplish - or IF it can be accomplished.

Namely, we’d like to be able to display latest blog post teaser text on the homepage automatically.  I’ve installed WordPress and am figuring out an issue with an integrator plugin. But I’m just not clear as to how/whether we’ll be able to display this content on the homepage easily.

I’m also curious if ALL Magento sites require so much hand coding for the homepage layouts as I’m finding with this theme we bought. I’m accustomed to just creating content and telling the system where to place it on the page - in module areas, basically. I’d really like for my client to be able to make updates to his own site fairly easily without having to know any code.  Event more, I’d like for things like “Featured Products” and sliders be able to pull data from the system automatically to create a more dynamic homepage.  Am I correct in my impression that this is not a strong-suit for Magento?

Thanks in advance.

~Laura

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community