Magento Forum

can magento support how many sku? 

sevenusd

Total Posts:  53

i has a magento website with 10000+ sku,it is very slow ,every time i edit my product at the backend ,it takes me so long for saving.
it think that magento rebuild the whole price index and so on.it is really unset about this

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kennytmcp

Total Posts:  4

With an installation that big there is always a huge payload. If you are not hosting on a VPS,(Virtual Private Server), you will be extremely slow on both the back end, and more importantly the front end. Customers want a page to refresh as fast as possible. Any pause in that will give them time to click on your competitor.

Kenny

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  854

Hello

In general Magento handles great amounts of products and I came across the stores with 100 000 products and more. I have to mention that the speed of your admin side greatly depends upon your server environment. You also need to take into consideration that the public side of your web-site needs to have an appropriate load speed also.

In case your store frontend with caching options is working fast enough, and you would like to speed-up the work with your inventory only, so I can offer you to check a PC application called Store Manager for Magento - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

Using it you can upload or change via import thousands of product in bulk locally with no delays at all (using so called Bridge connection) and synchronize data once bulk changes are made.

In any case, you can give it a try, since there is free trial version available for download.

Magento Community
Magento Community

allhen

Total Posts:  4

My site currently have 125k products,

website 1 (4 languages)
website 2 (1 language)

Database size > 12 GB !!

Like entity_id is defined in tables like INT I think only can be possible store 2147483647 products , or I\\\’m wrong?

If somebody have more of 2147483647 products, should change all entity_id, product_id (INT) by (BIGINT) ???

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community