Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Admin page. Impossible to log in, can’t send “Forgot password” email. 

lucasrgoncalves

Total Posts:  2

Hello there.

I am new here, but I searched like 4 hours in the Search of this forum for a solution…

I applied a modification on Magento configuration for Admin just to learn what it does… and now I can’t log in back! I was like kicked out of my session and now it only appears the page present in the printscreen in the attachments…

And it does not recognise the true Admin user and password.

The Forget password is redirectet to this link: http://yourdomain/magento/admin/index.php/admin/index/forgotpassword/?SID=0dcf0ee17ec10005113bb2085796e24e, and it does not reset the password and does not send a new email…

BUT, my magento is a Online one, directly from my database…

Can you help me telling how to fix this? how to revert to the original admin log in page?

I really appreciate your help!

Image Attachments
3.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ewaanw

Total Posts:  10

Hi, did you get an answer to your problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucasrgoncalves

Total Posts:  2

No… Still waiting for help :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

peg4fun

Total Posts:  0

I’m having similar problem with resetting Admin Panel password by using the Forgot your password? link.

When I’m at the Log in to Admin Panel page, I click on the Forgot your password? link to arrive at the Forgot your user name or password page. I enter all info required, and click on the Retrieve Password button:
1. Retrieve Password button is unresponsive / dead / no action triggered.
2. The regenerate CAPTCHA icon also triggers no action

The current temporary workaround I had was to log in using another admin account credential to update the password for the admin account in question. Nevertheless, this problem persists.

I have tried clearing var/cache. Made no difference.

I am on Magento ver. 1.7.0.2

Image Attachments
121226 admin forgot password.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community