Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is 1.7 so much slower than 1.3? 

chuckyss

Total Posts:  15

I recently installed magento 1.7 on my server and migrated all my product from my shopwich is running on 1.3.2
The old store was pretty fast ( i did some optimisation on the server).

But unfortunately the new shop is a lot slower (about from 2 sec loading time to 6 sec)

Is 1.7 so much slower or is something else wrong?
The only difference is that my old store is running in cgi/php because i that time the server was not on the right php version). The server is now upgraded to the latest php-version so the new shop does not have to run in cgi/php

tnx!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyWorp

Total Posts:  10

chuckyss - 26 July 2012 11:11 AM

I recently installed magento 1.7 on my server and migrated all my product from my shopwich is running on 1.3.2

Hi,
sorry, can’t really help you with your problem but could you please share experience of successful migration? What tools did you use? Maybe there are some tips?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

chuckyss - 26 July 2012 11:11 AM

The old store was pretty fast ( i did some optimisation on the server).

But unfortunately the new shop is a lot slower (about from 2 sec loading time to 6 sec)

Is 1.7 so much slower or is something else wrong?
The only difference is that my old store is running in cgi/php because i that time the server was not on the right php version). The server is now upgraded to the latest php-version so the new shop does not have to run in cgi/php

tnx!

More likely due to the PHP configuration than Magento. Which web server are you using? Apache? And how is PHP loaded? Compiled module? But actually, PHP as CGI module is normally slower than non-CGI.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community