Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade 1.4.1.1 to 1.7.0.2 Search Broken - Index No Help

d8v15

Total Posts:  6

After successfully upgrading magento from 1.4.1.1 to 1.7.0.2 manually e.g.

1 - Duplicate production 1.4.1.1 database
2 - Install fresh copy of magento 1.7.0.2, pointing to database from #1 above, and run update process
3 - Bring over customized files from 1.4.1.1 into 1.7.0.2

Again all steps above were successful; however, every search performed returns nothing. I reindexed, cleared cache through admin, directly and through code. I turned off and on attributes search - to ensure any possible glitch wasnt happening, yet still nothing works. I get no error when reindexing or clearing cache.

The only error i see in apache error logs is below, and i am unsure if this is related

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception \\\\\\\’PDOException\\\\\\\’ with message \\\\\\\’SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column \\\\\\\’attribute_id\\\\\\\’ in \\\\\\\’where clause\\\\\\\’\\\\\\\’ in /xxx/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:228\\\\\\\\nStack trace:\\\\\\\\n#0 /xxx/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php(228): PDOStatement->execute(Array)\\\\\\\\n#1 /xxx/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)\\\\\\\\n#2 /xxx/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)\\\\\\\\n#3 /xxx/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)\\\\\\\\n#4 /xxx/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(\\\\\\\’DELETE FROM xjo...\\\\\\\’, Array)\\\\\\\\n#5 /xxx/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(419): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(\\\\\\\’DELETE FROM xjo...\\\\\\\’, Array)\\\\\\\\n#6 /xxx/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogIndex/Model/Resource/Indexer.php(180): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(\\\\\\\’DELETE FROM in /xxx/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php on line 234, referer: http://xxx/catalogsearch/result/?q=french&x;=20&y;=9

I am not interested in upgrading search to use another tools (yet). Help appreciated

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

d8v15

Advanced search works. Quick search doesnt

Magento Community
Magento Community

d8v15

Anyone ... anyone

Magento Community
Magento Community

DEKOM

I have the same problem with a Magento CE that was updated from 1.4.1.1 to 1.7.0.2 - and can find nothing that helps :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community