Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Megneto do this? 

ltempest

Total Posts:  1

Hello,
I’m evaluating various shopping cart systems and need the cart to do something very specific before I dive in and start building the site.

My client is a curtain manufacturer and would like to have dynamic pricing of products based on the sizes specified by the customer. For example a customer selects the base style of curtain they wish and then specifies the width and height of curtain required. The system would then work out the total cost of material needed dynamically based on fixed square meter prices. A customer than has additional options to choose such as hand stitched or machine, and various other customizations that can be selected on a base product.

Can Magneto do this?

Thanks

Lee

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dispassionate Furniture

Total Posts:  2

From what I can tell, you would need to have a configurable product in a bundle product. This is not implemented in Magento yet, but it is in the roadmap according to this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17063/

Magento Community
Magento Community

jlintott

Total Posts:  7

This could be done using a configurable product and setting up an attribute for each variable you would like to use for your configurable (type, size etc.) You may need to use an extension to get the finer details such as pricing calculation exactly as required.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community