Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Limit access for guest and unlimited for membership visitors

Quadracom

Total Posts:  4

Hello, I´ve been loocking for and extension for this:

If you are a guest, yo only can access a limited product pages (per day for example )

But if you have paid a fee, you have unlimited access.

The first thing is for give to simple costumers the possibility to see some products for personnal and non commercial use; the second one is for companies who use the information for commercial uses, and have paid for have unlimited access to the catalog

As you can see, the site is not an store, is a catalog.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

aheadWorks
Guru

Total Posts:  424

You can try the Catalog Permissions extension. With this module, you can hide products and categories for certain customer groups.

Please visit the extension page and find the demo: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/magento-extensions/catalog-permissions.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Quadracom

Total Posts:  4

Thanks, but I dont want to hide the product and prices to everyone. I want to let some visitors to navigate freely just for a period of time (or just a number of product pages), and then block or restrict the access.

But, for visitors who have paid a membership, let them a complete and unrestricted navigation on the site.

Perhaps the first ones needs accounts with session.Timeout = min %>” and property “Expires = min”.........., I dont know Im not technician.

Thanks for your advice.

Daniel

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi!
As an alternative, have a look at Customer Group Catalog extension.
-Set access to catalog pages based on your business needs
-Hide price block and ‘add to cart’ button
-Use a cms-block instead of price
-Redirect to a CMS page or show 404 error for products

For more details, userguide and live demo please follow the link http://amasty.com/customer-group-catalog.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community