Magento Forum

Dataflow wont import ‘Image does not exist’ error, even if not trying to import images, 1.7.0.2

Innov8 Internet

Total Posts:  6
Chorley, Lancashire, UK.

Been trying every fix I can find for this problem with no success. Have been using dataflow for a while on previous versions with no problems at all until I updated to latest 1.7.0.2 version of CE.

Have tried import product/s with and without image/s but cant get anything to import and create a new product. If I export existing products and re-import them this works fine, just wont create new products. All i get is “Image does not exist” for every new sku i try to create. File is saved as UTF8 as always.

Any help would be great as I need to import 1100 new products with images.

Many thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Innov8 Internet

Total Posts:  6
Chorley, Lancashire, UK.

Have done some more testing....

In total I have 6 magento sites, 4 of these have been upgraded to 1.7.0.2, the other 2 are fresh installs. These have no problem importing new products with images or without images.

So next I wanted to determine if this is a file or database error/problem. I did another fresh install in a sub domain on one of my sites then changed the local.xml in my main site to the new database and it imported products fine, so I’m presuming its a database problem from the upgrade to 1.7.0.2. I have always kept on top of upgrades and done them in order so not sure why I have this problem, all updates have been performed through magento connect.

Any help would be great as im really stuck here....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello

As I understood from your words the issue has occurred after you updated your Magento shopping cart and most likely it is caused by incorrect update. In any case, to make sure that this is not the issue with your database, you can try the application called Store Manager for Magento, it is desktop one and it works directly with your database. Try to import via it and it may work for you.

You can find the link for free download here - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html
And try this solutions out.
Inform me the feedback.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community