Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sell Coupons / Credit? 

eynugget

Total Posts:  3

Is it possible to sell coupons for the magento store, itself?

I would like to sell say a product that is for a bulk item of, say, 10 widget credits, this would in turn generate a coupon code that is good for up to 100 widget products.

For example, if the widget costs $10 ea. 
But, if the customer buys a widget 10-pack product for $90, it generates a coupon that can be used for the widget 10 times.  This gives him a discount of $1 per widget.  Perhaps the coupon is pre-generated or generated on the fly. 

The reasoning behind this is that we would like to encourage the customer to pay bulk prices up front, but he may not need all the products right away.  In this way, it’s like he is buying credits.  He can use the credits for the particular widgets when he needs.

Ideally, as soon as the bulk pack is purchased, the coupon is automatically applied the the customer’s shopping cart in the future.

This is one way we thought we might handle this kind of thing.  Is there another suggested way of doing it?

Thanks so much.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magestore
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

Gift voucher could fit your requirements creating coupon codes with different values for customers to purchase as normal products. With this script, you could make your customers more satisfied when shopping on your store. They could buy Gift voucher to gift friends, families and others then they use these certificates to get products on your shop as wanting. Also, if you want to present any dear customers, this module will be ideal for you to generate the most suitable gifts. You could take a look at the demo:

Front-end: http://demo-extension.magestore.com/sandbox/gift-voucher/index.php/admin
Back-end: http://demo-extension.magestore.com/sandbox/gift-voucher/index.php/gift-voucher.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

eynugget

Total Posts:  3

Thanks Magestore.

Can I create a voucher for a specific product in the store?

Where does the customer enter his voucher code?

I think it’s not quite what I’m looking for.  Your product seems to provide a voucher for a dollar amount.  I’m looking for a voucher for a specific product for a specific number of units.  And, that voucher can be paid for as a single product.

Can you clarify, MageStore?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community