Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

HELP! can’t see my interface ! 

Electric-dsctc

Total Posts:  35

Hi there...I’m in a bit of panic here....
I have a hole new interface (diferent layout, diferent templates, css..etc..) that I’ve been working on for the past weeks…

Now, I have downloaded a “clean” version of magento from an svn server, to have my work sinc up...the version works ok ; but if I add my interface (to the app/desing/frontend/my_inteface/defaul and to skin/frontend/my_interface/default and on the admin set the design package to my_interface THE HOLE SITES CRASHES. white screen; no warnings, no dumps. no nothing.
Im sure both names are Ok , and the files have the right chmods.
my local version was /localhost/magento and so is this new one (have the buckup on /localhost/old_magento ) so the links and suchs are OK....
Don’t know what to do...help! what am I missing?!
Thanks in advice....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NueBe

Total Posts:  65
Tres Cantos - Madrid - Spain

I have a problem like this 3 days ago, clean the cahe, in the web, the explorer, ant check the design tab in system

Magento Community
Magento Community

Electric-dsctc

Hi there…
Well...cleared cache, checked the store, checked the interface name...but no..no luck.
What else can be wrong? long face

Magento Community
Magento Community

Electric-dsctc

Well nevermind...I kind of re-make all the layouts again…
But thanks for the support anyway!

Magento Community
Magento Community

NueBe

Total Posts:  65
Tres Cantos - Madrid - Spain

check the paths of the layout, and can upload one by one to see where and when crash

Magento Community
Magento Community

Electric-dsctc

Yep what I did is first I added my skin directory, then my on the app/design/frontend y added the templates and finally the layout…
Did it step by step and then it worked… but I don’t know why it didn’t work at first

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community