Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extreme loading time frontend after upgrade from 1.5.0.1 to 1.7.0.2

Rick200SX

Total Posts:  15

Hi guys,

Recently i upgraded my test-server. All went reasonably well, only sometimes i had an extreme loadingtime on my frontpage. I thought it was just the performance of my test-server, so i started upgrading the live server aswell. This was a nightmare. I worked 14 hours through the night, and was very tired afterwards. To make a long story short, i did the update, and came to the conclusion that also on the live server, loadtimes on the frontend were pretty slow, as if Magento still needed to run some upgrade scripts? This never stops. It just takes ages to load the frontpage, giving the SQL server a super high load, and notting happens, the frontpage just pops up after 15 minutes of loading.

I was wondering if anyone was experiencing the same thing, and what did they do? I ended up putting the backup i made live again, so it was only me that was tired, and the site is still running fine, but i really want to do this upgrade because there are some serious bugs in the old version.

Thanks guys! Hope we can fix this issue together.

Rick

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rick200SX

Total Posts:  15

Still no one with a fix?

It looks like there are some update scripts that are still there, but had to be removed. How can i check if there are still update scripts on the system? Which maps are they located? This is getting pretty frustrating and in want to fix this problem really bad.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community