Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extensions not showing up in config after successful install in connect

minky123

Total Posts:  2

Hello all, forgive me if this has already been asked/answered but I cannot after hours of scouring find the solution.

I have a healthy install of Magento 1.7.0.2 and everything is working fine. I have installed about 8 extensions including languae packs, 3rd party such as Jirafe analytics, and many more…

They all show up in connect manger as being successfully installed, and there are no issues with the front and admin areas following this, however, after clearing the cache logging out/in etc, they do not show up in system config, nor do they appear to be installed anywhere in the admin area?

It’s really strange, everything points to a successful operation, but no dice when it comes to using said extensions…

Driving me potty… Please Help!

David.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage Magician

Total Posts:  98

There could be two possibilities to not show extension config area.

1. Your cache is not clearing properly. Thus, clear the cache manually through FTP and get logged out/in in admin panel.
2. Some of extensions are conflicting with config position. In this case, you will have to check system.xml file of all extensions and fix the sort_order values.

I hope above two solution can help you out to fix your issues.

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

minky123

Total Posts:  2

Really appreciate the the help. I’ve cleared the cache manually, that has not worked, but I’m not sure where to find the XML files?

If I gave you the login would you have a look?

Thanks,

David.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage Magician

Total Posts:  98

Hi David,

Yes, your issue can be resolved. Please PM me with your details.

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

wpnfancy

Total Posts:  21

hi, i have the same problem, everything installs fine, login/logout etc as normal, clear cache in backed and through ftp.  Nothing, tried loads of extensions, none of them showing in backend but show as installed on connect.

Did you work out an answer, anyone else know a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Matt Bourne

Total Posts:  4

I’m also having this issue. Cleared the cache manually. Logged back in and out. Installation goes smoothly none of my extensions appear in the admin section. Any clues?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community