Magento Forum

Multiple Storefronts - Multiple Backend CC processing? 

BobMane

Total Posts:  108

Is it possible to have Multiple Storefronts on 1 Magento installation for the sole purpose of centralizing the aggrigation of user data from 2 Storefronts ---- but also have the store be completely indpendant in terms of payment gateway (s)- each store has its own.

- Multiple Backend CC processing?

Store_1: gateway= or Authorize.net

Store_2: gateway= (different paypal account)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

BobMane

Total Posts:  108

2 gateways...1 admin?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Incognito
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Michigan

yes
http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/overview-how-multiple-websites-stores-work

Magento Community
Magento Community

BryanM

Total Posts:  1

I have the same question.  I want to use a separate merchant account for each store to minimize customer confusion.  I use authorize.net and can configure the gateway in the default view, but when I select the Store View, I don’t have the ability to enter store specific authorize.net information.  Am I missing something? 

I chose Magento because of this wonderful ability to manage multiple stores.  However, the utility of multiple stores is of limited value if you have to set up one “catch-all” merchant account.  Speaking from experience, the number of chargebacks and inquiries will soar if customers don’t know what the change is that appears on their credit card statement.  And, I’ve tried in the past to notify them at time of purchase that their card statement will read “XYZ Inc.”, but by the time the customer sees this on their statement, they have forgotten this.

Any suggestions?  Please tell me I’m missing something here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ConvenientGadgets

Total Posts:  78

Agreed that this functionality should be included for multi-store. You can only put in one paypal account which just shows that the multi-store isn’t well thought out. Hopefully this will be corrected soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Razworks

Total Posts:  15
Sarasota, FL

Is there any progress on this question?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community