I’m trying to set up an advanced profile import for a remote feed accessed by url. I have read through a few threads here and have a vague idea on how to go about it. so any help would be muchly appreciated
Basically the first step I need to get is â getting Magento to access the url, download the xml data and save it into a file locally.
gathering info from other threads i’ve come up with this -
<action type="dataflow/convert_adapter_http_curl" method="load">
<action type="dataflow/convert_adapter_io" method="save">
however when i run the profile, i receive this is return -
* Starting profile execution, please wait...
* Warning: Please don't close window during importing/exporting data
* Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Adapter_Http_Curl :: load
* Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Adapter_Io :: save
* Saved successfully: "media/feeds/test.xml" [0 byte(s)]
* Finished profile execution.
test.xml is created in the directory successfully, but only contains this inside -
and that file doesn’t exist.
now I’m guessing that the http curl adapter might be the wrong action to use, since the url really doesn’t point any file in particular. but what can i use instead?
so.. anyone able to shed some light on the situation? Any help would be great, thanks!