Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Price Tier not showing if Custom Options is enabled, but price tier price rule apply to cart. 

emailmaomao

Total Posts:  15

GOAL:

1.) Customer has color options (drop box)
2.) Display price tier so customer may buy more because of quantity discount.

SITUATION:

Price Tier shows? No
Custom Options is: enabled
Discount still apply to cart? Yes

QUESTION:

1.) Any way to achieve my goal
2.) Is it a bug or there are proper ways to configure?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

978bobs

Total Posts:  44

This is reported as a bug at this link

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=4823

You may want to add a vote…

One work around is to enter the tiered pricing messages such as “Buy 10+ at 5.99 each Save 15%” at the bottom of the “short description field”.  To make it a little cleaner....also in the Product config, select Design tab and choose to put Custom Options in the “Product Info Column”.

Really best to wait for the fix though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

emailmaomao

Great at least I know someone is on the same boat!

Too bad, I am the one who reported that bug, can’t vote anymore =P

Anyways, thanks for your tips, I guess that’s the only way and it’s smart!

Thank you very much again!

Magento Community
Magento Community

emailmaomao

Further response to “978bobs” post:

1.) We can disable “Custom Option” (delete all options… genius...=.=.. ! ) —so the price tier display correctly
2.) Copy & paste that section of html—so the chart will display as regular design and we don’t need to type it up

This is old school (hard coding) but guess it’s the safer and to make sure it shows correct data and the price table format comply with the rest of the listings.

OR

Anyone knows where is the code / PHP file where we can fix this bug? I can’t trace it out yet.

Thanks all!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ddeppner

Total Posts:  23

To fix this, simply edit:

/app/design/frontend/default/<whatever>/template/catalog/product/view.phtml

Move this line up above the line right above it to move it out of the block of code that gets run if a product doesn’t have options (thus, it will be run regardless of options or not):

<?php echo $this->getTierPriceHtml() ?>

According to the issue roadmap for the next release of Magento, this bug has been fixed by the core team (they probably just did the edit I’m describing), but until then, this will restore it back to 1.1.8 era functionality.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blind_side

Total Posts:  5

ddeppner - 22 January 2009 02:10 PM

To fix this, simply edit:

/app/design/frontend/default/<whatever>/template/catalog/product/view.phtml

Move this line up above the line right above it to move it out of the block of code that gets run if a product doesn’t have options (thus, it will be run regardless of options or not):

<?php echo $this->getTierPriceHtml() ?>

According to the issue roadmap for the next release of Magento, this bug has been fixed by the core team (they probably just did the edit I’m describing), but until then, this will restore it back to 1.1.8 era functionality.

Thanks for the help- this was extremely helpful. I tried the new release (1.2.0.3) and it still wasn’t fixed. So I manually edited it using your instructions. Thank you again!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community