Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple attribute values for products? 

lorenmn

Total Posts:  3

I’m trying to implement a set of attributes for all product types. I’d like to be able to use multiple values in a layered navigation so that I can have a ‘filter by’ set of options in the navigation.

I cannot see if there is a way to add multiple values for an attribute for a product. Is there a way to do it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sumantechno
Guru

Total Posts:  478
Bangalore

You can select multi-select attribute.
You can select attribute type when u are creating attribute form “Catalog Input Type for Store Owner”

Image Attachments
1.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

lorenmn

Great! Can’t believe I’d missed that. I’ll give it a try.  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nadioki

Total Posts:  2

magento4U - 18 July 2012 07:54 PM

You can select multi-select attribute.
You can select attribute type when u are creating attribute form “Catalog Input Type for Store Owner”

I’m sorry… I can’t find this option anywhere. Can you guide me on the path please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lorenmn

Nadioki - 19 July 2012 09:36 AM

I’m sorry… I can’t find this option anywhere. Can you guide me on the path please?

It’s when you create a new product.

Go to Catalog
Then Manage Products
On the top right, click to add new product
Once you’ve selected the attribute set and the product type, you’ll see the option labelled ‘Catalog Input Type for Store Owner’. Just select ‘multi-select’ from the dropdown.

It works perfectly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

irondoctor

Total Posts:  7

I followed the steps above but when I edit a product the multi-select text-area box shows but is disabled - I can’t enter any values. Any ideas of what I’m doing wrong?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community