Magento Forum

How do Iimit the Number of Categories Displayed on Top Navigation Bar

purechemicals

Total Posts:  23

I am trying to limit the number of categories displayed on the top navigation bar so that they do not move onto a second row.  I have a left navigation block where I want all of my categories to be displayed, but only want to specify a few categories on the top nav bar.

Does anyone know how to limit the number of categories that the top navigation bar displays? 

I have found one other post that tried to use a little PHP code in the top.phtml file to count to a specific number of categories displayed and then stop, but I was unable to get it to work.

Can anyone out there assist?  I know there has to be others that are fighting having too many categories to properly display in top navigation properly.

I’m sure this must be a try common problem.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sumantechno
Guru

Total Posts:  478
Bangalore

You can manage the visibility of category display in the top navigation.Edit any existing category and put status on “Include in Navigation Menu”.
Check the attachment

Magento Community
Magento Community

purechemicals

Total Posts:  23

magento4U - 18 July 2012 08:02 PM

You can manage the visibility of category display in the top navigation.Edit any existing category and put status on “Include in Navigation Menu”.
Check the attachment

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately this will also remove it from my category box on the left.

I need to limit my top navigation bar to 7 categories, but allow all the categories to appear on the left.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community