Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade nightmare

buglady

Total Posts:  38

I signed up for PayPal advanced and found out that I needed Magento 1.6 or 1.7 to use the functionality of PayPal Advanced. My hosting company did the upgrade for me and now my site is down and I cannot access the admin area. I have gone back and forth with my hosting company to try to get this resolved to no avail. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. They keep re-installing the database. Does this have anything to do with the main coding? I thought the database contained info like, sales, customers, products, etc.
I am about ready to get rid of these people. They keep telling me to have my coding person work on this issue but I have been working on the site my self.
If I were to use an old backup and restore it with another hosting company and then upgrade would this help? It looks like there are a lot of issues with 1.7. Would it be better to upgrade to 1.6 which is also able to work with PayPal Advanced.?

Here is what I get when trying to open my site:

There has been an error processing your request
Error in file: “/home/naturalp/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/ImportExport/sql/importexport_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.6.0.1-1.6.0.2.php” - SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘Array’ at line 1

Trace:
#0 /home/naturalp/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(390): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /home/naturalp/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(289): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.1.0’, ‘1.6.0.2’)
#2 /home/naturalp/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(233): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.1.0’, ‘1.6.0.2’)
#3 /home/naturalp/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(161): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/naturalp/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(363): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/naturalp/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(295): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /home/naturalp/public_html/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /home/naturalp/public_html/index.php(71): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#8 {main}

Here is what I get trying to log onto the admin area:

403 Forbidden

Access to this resource on the server is denied!