Magento Forum

Can Magento have more than 4 custom options per product - or can it support more than 186 simple products in a configurable product

David_Winters

Total Posts:  32
Charlotte, NC

I have been trying to evaluate Magento for my needs.  I have a requirement for a product that is pretty customizable.

The very simple and logical way for me to go is to build it as a simple product that has 7 custom options.  The system does not allow me to add more than 4.  It looks like I am adding the 5th but after the save it is gone.

The more complex way to do this is with a configurable product.  The system allows me to setup the attribube group perfectly and it even allows the generation of all the simple products with the autogenerate but it will not connect more than 186 simple products to the configurable product.

I really love this application but these are show stoppers for me.  Would you please help me solve this.....so I can determine if my requirements can be met at which point I will go full blast and of course by an annual support agreement. 

David Winters
Charlotte, NC

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

David_Winters

Total Posts:  32
Charlotte, NC

If you are interested in this topic please refer to the following post.  One of the Magento techs has started working on it.

Edit: Seem that a solution is at hand… one of the last posts on the below thread.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/28753/

Dave

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community