Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.
For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although there are lots of extensions available to replace the default gallery, I don’t quite understand why this was chosen as the default behavior. To me, standard behavior would be an image swap on a roll over (on the product page, not this open a new window nonsense), then a click on the main image would open full size in a lightbox like way. Even Magento connect uses this style of gallery, yet it’s not standard for customers.
Hello, I guess Color Swatches Pro is also worth seeing. It helps to present configurable products in a really nice way. The module features include:
- Use images for attributes selection
- Let customers buy configurables from category pages
- No need to specify price difference for associated products
- Reload product images, name and description with AJAX
- View image details with elegant zoom and lightbox effects