Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Two Products using same inventory? 

dotcomlarry

Total Posts:  11

Not sure how to go about this.... I want to have two separate listings for the same product, with the only difference being the number of items. For instance, Cards (1) and Cards (10). They’re the same item, just sold in different quantities for different prices, and ideally I’d like for them to use the same inventory. Would this be a configurable product? I tried using the tiered pricing, but it doesn’t achieve the same effect that I want.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

You can setup a configurable product - but you will have to create both these options as simple products with different SKU’s and manage inventory and stock separately.

The right way to approach this is to create a bundle product. This feature will be add to Magento in the near future.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

dotcomlarry

Total Posts:  11

Sounds good. The bundled product sounds great… we also sell “packs” of items that are comprised of other products, and it would be great to have these packs use the inventories of each individual item. Sounds like the bundled products will fit the bill.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community