Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Payment Method

mencargo

Total Posts:  45

Hi there, I’m developing TiendaPumas.com, a Football Soccer Club Store, and I have to make the payment with the sponsor, Banamex, a Mexican Bank and the company behind the transaction is Dialect, an Australian enterprise.

So I have to send some special data ID and the payment amount to this guys, and then I display their webpage, where they collect the client’s credit card info.

Do I have to make a Payment module?

Or is it enough with a Static block or Custom webpage? And how could I link it with the checkout procedure?

I don’t want to modify Magento’s code because it would mess with the updates.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mencargo

Total Posts:  45

More details, seems that I only need to:
1) Get the total amount from the shopping cart
2) Generate a payment attempt ID
3) Send this and my account ID to a HTTPS url
4) Get the response from it

So this should be placed after the user goes to checkout, the work flow would be:

Shopping Cart -> CheckOut -> Payment Page -> Response

According to what I have been reading, I think a front-end block would be enough, but I’m not sure.
Maybe a Custom Module is more adequate and upgrade-friendly.

But I don’t know how to get the shopping cart amount, and how to tell Magento that my page goes at checkout…
How to mark the payment.

Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nico5

Total Posts:  214
France

You have to develop a new payment module.
You will find information at http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how-to/create-payment-method-module
You can install an existing payment module to take example.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community