Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Import Customer Data - Not Working

dustininte

Total Posts:  4

I am trying to import a csv file with customer data into my magento store. I have read the knowledgebase article here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/importing-product-or-customer-information/

The problem I am having is that after exporting the file from my magento store, when I try to re-upload the same file it tells me that there are two fields missing: email, and _website.

Why would the exported file from magento not be in the right format for magento to use? Also the email field is in the exported file it is just titled Email instead of email. But, when I try and change it magento then tells me that all the other fields are invalid. Does anyone have a template for a customer data csv file that magento will acutally use?

I am running Magento Community 1.7.0.2
If I can provide any more information that might be useful please let me know and I will do so.
Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community