Magento Forum

Can i use a css template to create my magento store? 

Duke Ardelis

Total Posts:  8

I downloaded a free css template for my future pc store, since I’m a bit of a newb to magento, and there are very little templates for a magento based pc store i decided to try and make my own and i was hoping to get some help.

This is the link to the free css template http://csscreme.com/freetemplates/electronix/ so u can see what im talking about.

My first question is can this be implemented in magento, so that it would look like that, if not the second question is of no importance.

The second one is how?

As i said earlier I’m a newb at this so plz it it is possible start with the basics.  red face

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sixK

Total Posts:  16

Yes it is possible to do this, but not without modifying Magento considerably. The styling structure for Magento is a real pain to tell you the truth, it’s biggest downfall really. Trying to make a design work that wasn’t designed for Magento specifically will take A LOT of work and can get very frustrating, especially for someone who might not be that knowledgeable in CSS//XML/HTML, etc. You’d essentially have to break down the CSS template and take chunks of the code and insert them into Magento’ styling.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Duke Ardelis

Total Posts:  8

Thx a lot.
Ill search for more templates that might suite my needs.
Thanks again.
downer

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community