Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding products to magento through xmlrpc are not displayed in the shop

JeroenK

Total Posts:  1

Is it possible to add products directly to the magento webshop (user interface) , without it manually needs to be saved in the admin interface?

I’m trying to insert products to our webshop through xmlrpc. The problem is that the articles inserted through xmlrpc are only displayed in the admin interface, not in the webshop itself.

These values are set\modified through xmlrpc for each product:
name
description
short_description
sku
weight
status
url_key
visibility
price
tax_class_id
manage_stock
qty

The products are assigned to one or multiple categories.

when I manually go to the product in the admin interface , to the product and save the product , it displays the article, without any notification about variables not being set.

Regards,
Jeroen

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

anisrehan

Total Posts:  9
Karachi, Pakistan

I am also trying the magento’s xml-rpc api.
However the situation is quite different.
I am implementing it on a php4.4 server, this means running magento on cgi-bin library.
The other trouble is magento is running alongside dolphin and I am required to run them together.

Cut the long story short, I have used xmlrpc for php (http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpxmlrpc/) and after some trial and error succeeded in adding a customer using xml-rpc call and can see the customer record in admin section.
However, that customer is not able to login saying

‘Invalid login or password.’

And when I clicked the forget your password link and entered the email address, magento replies

‘This email address was not found in our records’.

This means that, either the created record is not functional, or it is in wrong data type.

Image Attachments
'Magento Commerce' - index_php_customer_account_forgotpassword.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community