Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Too many button SPANS

alexpeterson

Total Posts:  11
London

After upgrading to 1.7.0.2 I’ve noticed that on all the admin buttons there are 3 icons. There are 2 too many SPAN tags within the code for the buttons. See image attached.

What can I do about removing these spans? Why has this happened?

I don’t know where to start looking to resolve this?!

Alex

Image Attachments
button-spans.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

enyceexdanny

Total Posts:  34

The reason this is happening is because the default CSS for adminhtml has been changed a bit.
You can either replace the CSS from your default admin to your custom admin, and re-do the changes. Or, you can just probably add the following to your css to fix this.

in boxes.css

button span span {
    background
none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent !important;

displayinline !important;

margin!important;

padding!important;
}

Keep in mind that there are a few more changes in other sections. For instance, if you look at the payment methods section under configuration, you’ll see that the way the buttons work under paypal payments are different, and must use the proper styles to look and function properly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alexpeterson

Total Posts:  11
London

Thanks for your reply. That fixed it. At least it’s CSS that I can control and not a bug somewhere!

Cheers

Alex

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community