Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Disabling Shopping Cart

neogrey

Total Posts:  1

Hey, all. I know - this is rather stupid, but I have the following question: is there any way to disable the online shopping features of Magento? In other words I want to display products, their prices, their specs - but without the ability to add to cart and so on...think of it as a catalogue of products which are available only for physical purchasing.

Thanks in advance and pardon my ignorance smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

awarner20

Total Posts:  7

Hey neogrey,

I am looking for an answer to the same question with a couple extra variables. Basically, I want to do the exact same thing as you, just offer a “catalog of products” to the public without giving them the ability to purchase i.e. disabling the shopping cart. However, I also need to be able to offer a shopping cart and products to only users that are registered in a certain group. See here, you may be interested to follow that thread as well… http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/28780/

Basically deciding whether to show a shopping cart per user group.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community