Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image Upload Problem (’half-working’) in 1.7

joejoe

Total Posts:  102

Hi,

I am a relatively experienced magento user and I have a strange problem upon beginning to use 1.7 with the image uploader.

I go to upload an image for a product (or several images) and they upload correctly (the % bar goes up, they product backend page lists the images and they have uploaded to the server) but the image itself does NOT display… you have the white box with ‘roll over for image’ but when you rollover it pauses and then goes to nothing and the images don’t show in the front end either.

I have cleared my var/cache and reset media folder and all subfolders and files to 755.

The path that magento tries to load in the front end for the image is:

http://mysite.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/2/filename.jpg

If I browse by FTP then the file is actually there… but if I put the address into the browser I get Magento’s default ‘404 Not Found’ error page.

So what’s going on? I’ve never had a similar problem with any of my sites on any previous version of magento…

Aside of this… 1.7 is great, cheers to the team for the continued great work!

Joe

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joejoe

Tested in other browsers, still nothing.

Seems like a strange error!… maybe it’s an obvious problem I’m missing or an update of something that is required?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anphant

Total Posts:  2

I’m experiencing a similar problem.

For me, I am successfully able to upload images via the Admin Panel > Catalog > Manage Products > ... > Images Tab.

It will display there upon successful uploads.

When I upload multiple images the same way, the rest of the pictures wouldn’t appear under the “More views” on the front (customer) end of my website. In addition, even if I set the 3 options- “Base Image”, “Small Image” & “Thumbnail” to other images, somehow the old picture remains there under “More views” like as if its some sort of a “ghost” image. When I click on the “ghost” image, I will not be able to go back to the new image.

What’s puzzling is that I have successfully uploaded multiple images for certain products in the past. For those with multiple images, they are currently displaying on my website’s front end as expected. I tried flushing cache, switching options and the php.ini trick, but they didn’t work.

I have no idea how to solve this. I have been googling non-stop for many hours for possible solutions but to no avail. If it helps, I did notice a notice on the Images tab:

Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.

Any help would be gladly appreciated smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

davison

Total Posts:  56

Hey guys,

Initially I also had the same issue while uploading. Then the issue got rectified after I started to upload images using “Dull uploader magento extension which is not using flash”.

Try using this and tell me if it works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joejoe

Loathed to use an extension that’s only compatible with 1.4 ... I feel like I need to find the reason this doesn’t work because I’ve never had the problem with any other magento site I have done.

I have updated Flash to the most recent version.

Image uploader is still failing to display the images in the back or front end…

ARG!

Someone else must have experienced this… what’s going on?

All help gratefully received…

Magento Community
Magento Community

joejoe

OK, this worked:

http://www.viraljetani.com/programming/magento-images-not-appearing-on-frontend-as-well-as-backend-on-godaddy-server

In short, rename your htaccess in your media folder to htaccess-old or similar…

However, I’m not using godaddy (indeed, I’m using a host that prides itself on use for magento) so I’m not sure exactly what the cause of the problem is.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anphant

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies thus far. I have tried renaming the .htaccess before I posted my earlier comment, and it didn\’t work. I did try to install the \"Dull Uploader\” but it did not work as well.

I am thinking that my problem is not about a cache issue nor is it about having access to the media folder. It\’s just that for newer products, I can never get multiple subsequent pictures to be displayed on the frontend. This is because there are a few products uploaded in the past successfully with multiple pictures and they are currently displaying correct under the product\’s \"More Views\” even now.

I tried uploading a new image to the older products (with multiple pictures already displaying correctly) and voila- it was showing alright.

I’m still looking around though.

Any help will be welcomed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Partydrink

Total Posts:  7
Veghel

Is this the solution for your problems?

Go to the Admin Section
- System
- Advanced
- Ontwikkelaar

Put the Javasettings on Ja of Yes

When you do that it’s possible to upload pictures of products

Sorry for my poor English, I’m Dutch

Magento Community
Magento Community

chrismtn

I’m using 1.7.0.2 and a similar issue I had was finally resolved by removing an apostrophe that was in the file name.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community