Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I put a navigation of my products? 

omarm

Total Posts:  6

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question
*Complete* newbie question!

I’ve got Magneto installed
All seems to be OK
Going through the manual as we speak

I really need to get something up and running quick!

I can’t figure out where or how I can put a navigation on any of the pages?

OK, I’ve created a catalogue and have have got some dummy items in there

How do I make sure there’s a navigation on all pages with my item categories as links??

I can’t seem to find this option anywhere :(

Thanks

OM

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

seriozen

Total Posts:  3

Hi Omarm,

short reply:
All your categories should by Anchored categories. Select Is Ancor = Yes for each categorie.

long reply:
Creating Categories

To create and edit categories, navigate to Catalog > Manage Categories. In the center of the page you will have the option to create a new category.

1.Enter a name for the category. This is how it will appear on the front end of the sites selected.
7.Select Yes or No from the Is Anchor drop-down. This drop-down has two effects.

* Anchored categories will display all products associated to all child categories (and child of child, and child of child of child, etc.) on that category’s page, along with the products associated directly to the parent category.
* Anchored categories will display the filterable attributes of all products that display in the category page (meaning the products associated to that category and to its child categories) in the Layered Navigation menu in the left column. Layered Navigation is discussed in more detail later in the chapter.

Select Is Ancor = Yes for each categorie.

regards
Ivan

Magento Community
Magento Community

omarm

Total Posts:  6

thanks for the reply
i’ve made 2 categories achor but can’t see anywhere?
is there anything else i need to do?
let me know
thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community