Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

After update from 1.5.0.12 to 1.7 customers can login but with error 500
 
dvdende
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  7
Joined:  2011-02-10
 

Hi there,

i updated my CE 1.5.0.1 to 1.7.0.2
I prepared myself to use a new server and copied my production there and updated it.
After 4 good runs i updated my live server.
Even with Varnish, memcached and some other tricky things I slightly had some problems and needed to read google a lot.
But at the end it worked.

Only one thing is nagging me:
I can login to backend. I can do anything, configurations, install plugins via connect, update products, make invoices, change tax rates, shipping rates etc etc

But on the frontend, if a customer logs in he gets a HTTP 500 error:
on this page http://www.xxx.nl/customer/account/loginPost/

After refresh the page (F5) the customer is logged in.
He can order and place his order. All no problem.

Anyone a clue where to look for?

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
RB2009
Member
 
Total Posts:  40
Joined:  2010-12-05
 

Hi, tried logging into FTP and clearing the sessions, and cache?

in the Var folder,

\"Cache\" and \"Sessions\"

Also, if you have compiler enabled, try renaming includes folder to includes_

then upload a clean includes folder from the 1.7.0.2 installation files… before running the compile process again.

just a few things to try smile

Also, how did you upgrade?

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
dvdende
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  7
Joined:  2011-02-10
 

Hi there,

thanks for your reply.
I did all the necessary things like permissions, cache, new install and update plugins etc etc

Finally i figured out, that it was a manually overwritten peace of code.
Because i didn’t had any hair left, i disabled all community and local code and find out the login was okay.

so i turned on all snippets piece by piece and found the problem on app/code/local/Mage/Customer/Block/Form

There are some really nasty changed (I had 1.5.0.1) also with PDF from MagentoPycho
but solved all now

“Very happy, I am” as master Yoda would say....

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Back to top