Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrading from 1.7.0.1 to 1.7.0.2

gaidin6

Total Posts:  1
Toronto, ON

Greetings,

I was wondering where I could find the instructions to upgrade from 1.7.01. to 1.7.0.2.  The only thing I could find indicated that I should just “install the latest version”. 

Is this telling me to simply overlay the 1.7.0.2 files onto my existing installation and re-run the installer?  As a new Magento user, I thought there might be more to it than that.

Apologies if I missed the instructions when I searched.

Thanks in advance,
Tracey

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RB2009

Total Posts:  40

Hi,

As 1.7.0.2 is only a minor release, and not a major version.

It is ok to do upgrade using the Magento Connect Manager

Just check for updates, it will show 2 items as requiring updates.. and just install the 2 updates smile

Thats all I did, and not had any problems.. just cleared the cache and sessions as a precaution.

1.7.0.2 doesnt effect your themes and things and it will leave those untouched. only thin g it will effect is if you have modified the core files in any way.

this might help, https://www.properhost.com/members/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id;=1

Magento Community
Magento Community

JKarlsson

Total Posts:  10

Hello,

You can avoid upgrading and migrate your store. It is much simpler. You can read how to migrate here It is really simpler. However, I am not sure if it will be relevant in this case since the gap between two versions is not that big.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community